Submit online in 3 easy steps
Be sure to log in to your account or create an account before you begin.
1. Add the application to your folder.
2. Download and fill out the application on your computer.
3. Attach the completed application and additional requirements (where applicable) to your folder, and then click on "Ready to Submit".
This permit application accepts electronic signatures. Be sure the signature areas on the application are completed before submitting.
Mail your original check to the department's address listed on the application. Clearly print your name, address, and Business Registration Certificate number on the check. Departments will not review applications until they receive payment.
Additional information from the Department
A certificate (license) will be issued after the applicant has been approved by the advisory committee, has paid the fee, and has shown the following documents to Program staff:
- Business Tax Registration Certificate: This must be obtained in San Francisco at the Tax Collector’s office.
- Seller’s Permit: This may be obtained from the State Board of Equalization. There is no fee for this permit. Visit www.boe.ca.gov to register.
- One color photograph of the artist no larger than the size of a passport photo, and preferably the size of a driver’s license photo. This photo may be e-mailed to the Street Artists Program office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Only 25 applications will be screened each month. Applications received after the first 25 will be scheduled for the next month’s screening. You will be notified of your appointment date and details by mail and/or e-mail.