Environmental Health Above Ground Petroleum Storage Permit

Allows you to keep a tank of gas for your business, such as the kind you might use for a taxi or a truck.


Above Ground Petroleum Storage is regulated at both the city and state level, subject to the Aboveground Petroleum Storage Act. Since petroleum products are a subset of hazardous materials, all businesses regulated under the Aboveground Petroleum Storage Program must apply for and obtain a valid Hazardous Materials Certificate of Registration through the California Environmental Reporting System (CERS). You may notify the Envirionmental Health Hazardous Materials & Waste Program before or after applying through CERS. Prepare a Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasures (SPCC) Plan. The SPCC Plan is a written plan that details the procedures, equipment, and workforce commitment necessary for a business to prevent and contain oil discharges from their facility.


See Hazardous Materials & Waste Program: Aboveground Petroleum Storage for more information.

Permit Documents

The following documents are part of this permit. Fill out the necessary forms and submit them to the issuing department to apply.