Food Handler's Card

All individuals involved in preparation, storage, or service of food must obtain a "Food Handler Card".



Issuing Department

SF Department of Public Health

Agency Type



You must obtain a Food Handler Card through a certified training program. The Department of Public Health does not administer courses. Please use the link below for a list of approved courses and see Retail Food Safety Program for more information.


Available Training Courses