Minor Sidewalk Encroachment Permit

For business owners who want to install and maintain a minor encroachment, extending from his/her property. These may include, but are not limited to fences, retaining walls, steps or stairways and other minor structures in the sidewalk fronting.

Issuing Department

SF Department of Public Works

Agency Type



See SF Department of Public Works for more information. 

Permit Documents

The following documents are part of this permit. Fill out the necessary forms and submit them to the issuing department to apply.