Alcohol Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau Permit

Allows you to operate a Tax & Trade Bureau-regulated business.



Agency Type



Certain alcohol and tobacco businesses, including those listed below, must file an application with and receive approval from the Alcohol, Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB) before engaging in business.

Alcohol Producers and Manufacturers (Distilleries, Breweries, or Wineries)
Alcohol Importers, Wholesalers and Exporters
Alcohol Users and Dealers
Firearms and Ammunition
Tobacco Manufacturers, Importers and Exporters

Those applying for federal authorization to start a business in the alcohol, tobacco, or firearms and ammunition industry are no longer required to submit original documentation for bond forms and power of attorney forms. TTB accepts these forms, along with all other required documentation, through a completely automated process within the Permits Online system.


See the Alcohol Tobacco Tax & Trade Bureau for more information.